The Bremner Center offers one-on-one editing assistance for students in the School of Journalism. You may walk in or make an appointment. Appointments are not necessary but people with appointments take priority over walk-ins.
Here's how it works:
You: Bring in a paper copy of a finished draft of your assignment, along with your professor's instructions for the assignment.
We: Carefully edit your writing with you, explaining where and why changes should be made, and giving you extra information or practice in areas you're having trouble with. Our focus is the clarity, accuracy and correctness of language – you are responsible for your content.
- Yes, we will help you with assignments outside of the J-School.
- Yes, we will help you proofread your resume or cover letter.
- Yes, we will help you get better at punctuation, grammar, usage, structure and clarity.
- No, we will not write your assignment for you. You must be finished with a draft before you come to the Center.
- No, we will not edit things for you that you drop off or email. You must come to the Center and work with us in person if you want help.
To make an appointment, call or email center coordinator Lisa McLendon.