Copywriter (Leawood, Kansas)
Blooom seeks a copywriter to join its mission of providing affordable, professional financial help to the masses. We developed an online automated tool that manages individual's employer-sponsored retirement accounts (401k, 403b or 457). Prospects who join Blooom finally have a partner they can count on to optimize their portfolio by reducing hidden fees, aligning their stock/bond mix to their retirement horizon and navigating the emotional journey toward retirement. Blooom has made tremendous strides in client acquisition and completed our series B round of fundraising in early 2017.
Here's what you'll own:
• The ability to evolve and shape the Blooom brand voice.
• Strategic content for blogs, whitepapers, emails, social media posts, research reports, website copy, digital ads, and others — positioning the company as an independent, disruptive thought leader and credible source of information.
• Partnership with marketing tactical leads and creative resources on concept development for ongoing and seasonal campaigns and rapid release of new, engaging content.
• Being a mindful editor and strong voice for the brand as you work with Blooom founders and experts on thought leadership pieces, presentations and PR efforts.
• Planning the editorial calendar and executing creative and educational content.
Here's what success looks like:
• Simplifying the complicated world of finance and 401ks.
• Consistent release of engaging content that corresponds and supports seasonal marketing strategies.
• Increasing engagements and organic traffic on the Blooom website, blog and social media outlets.
Here's what your day-to-day might look like:
• Developing and executing relevant, relatable, digestible content for the Blooom blog and website.
• Taking (what some may consider boring) financial content and making it engaging.
• Boiling a complicated process into simple steps.
• Converting an important financial news topic into a meme.
• Working closely with our financial experts to translate jargon into helpful, actionable content.
• Thinking strategically alongside the marketing team to conceptualize and execute seasonal campaign messaging.
Here's the experience and values we are looking for:
• SEO knowledge is a plus, but a natural writing talent is a must.
• Someone ready to make a mark on a fast-growing company.
• You must love a good metaphor.
• Be a self-starter and have a knack for getting stuff done.
• Have a desire to do something meaningful.
• Choose to do the right thing over the easy thing every time.
• 2-plus years of experience in a professional environment, preferably a marketing or advertising agency.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism - strategic communication or similar background preferred.
• Expertise writing for all digital mediums, including websites, social channels, email and print.
• Exceptional ability to write in different voices and personalities — ranging from less formal, witty and compelling content for social media, blogs and email to more formal data-driven language for thought leadership and research reports.
• Understanding of best practices of search engine optimization.
• Proactive, self-starter attitude.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Hard-working fun-havers please apply.